There are those who search at length for inspiration, be it for a writing piece, sculpture, or fashion, but then there are artists who look no further than what is right in front of them, finding beauty in everyday objects, colours, and shapes. This week we are highlighting the wonderful blog WISP –– Where I See Fashion by Bianca Luini for her wonderful imagery and abstract view of clothing. The blog curator showcases clothing alongside art pieces with corresponding elements of colour, shape, and layout, with even a single image triggering the creative process for designers, which develops into a whole line of clothing or textile designs.
Alt-J | Every Other Freckle
I want to share your mouthful
I want to do all the things your lungs do so well
I’m gonna bed into you like a cat beds into a beanbag
Turn you inside out and lick you like a crisp packet
Louise Zhang (born 1991) is a Sydney-based artist whose work starts with the most basic unit of construction: the amorphous, inchoate ‘blob.’
Call it what you will:
a curse from the gods,
but you are going to fall in love
and it will feel like being split open
with the dullest of knives,
jagged and cruel.
He will sail into your skin,
but he will never call it home;
He will make a niche
between your thighs
and leave tender words
decaying inside of you,
but he will be gone before his name
settles in your mouth.
Do not wither from this.
Wash him from your flesh.
Scrape him out your brain.
Remember your teeth.
"So okay, I don’t want to be a traitor to my generation and all but I don’t get how guys dress today. I mean, come on, it looks like they just fell out of bed and put on some baggy pants and take their greasy hair (eww!) and cover it up with a backwards cap and like, we’re expected to swoon? I don’t think so." - Cher Horowitz, Clueless
Live It Up Before You Die It Up
there’s nothing about you i won’t love
RULES FOR THE INTERNET
i. do not fall in love with anyone who is more than three hours away;
stay entirely away from timezones
ii. it is easy to love something you carry in your pocket, always in your phone;
it is easy to love something with pain in its eyes
iii. do not say what you need to say to one person to everyone else
iv. someone is going to see that
1. Let’s be honest for once. I will love you fierce; I will love you terrible. I will carve out your heart, and you will be grateful for the end.
2. You accuse me of faithlessness, but I do believe in the light bursting from our skin, the divinity breaking our bones to pieces.
3. I was not born difficult; my father can attest to that, screaming it until he coughs up blood that his daughter was born without a spine.
4. History repeats itself, we know this much. History sings the same songs, fucks the same girls, drinks the same whiskey night after night in the saddest passion play the world has ever seen.
5. Maybe one day I won’t say your name like a penance, like I thought there was absolution in your veins instead of blood, instead of something so devastatingly human. I’m hunting for angels here, something divine and holy, something that will scrub me clean.
6. My mother says I need to prepare for the real world and maybe she’s right. I hope she’s right. I hope the ice in my chest is imagined, that one day I’ll wake up and this will all have been a dream.
7. We can only go forward; we can only let go. I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.
8. I am trying not to rot in this grave you dug me."
kathrynmccrary on instagram